Retail Security Officer
Duties and Responsibilities: job duties and responsibility are to generate goodwill between retail patrons, tenants and center management while providing the very best in property safety & security. Each officer will report to work in sufficient time to assume his/her duties. This means that each officer will be on the property, dressed in uniform, checked in, and briefed at the beginning of his/her shift. It is the responsibility of the security team to be sure common property entrances and corridor doors are unlocked/locked in accordance with the property’s stated preference. Each officer should note in the logbook any information that his/her relieving officer will need to pass along log before beginning his/her shift. It is your responsibility to be aware of, and report, any potential liability problems, safety problems, security, maintenance, or engineering problems.
Areas of Responsibility
As a Retail Security Officer for Allied Universal, you will be Responsible for the Security and Safety of our client’s property and personnel. As the Allied Universal Retail Security Officer, you will know all site-specific policies and procedures, and implement emergency response activities as appropriate, while providing superior customer service.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the public in a professional and effective manner.
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent, or 5 years verifiable experience
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crises at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow, or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods
- Able to ride a bike
- Valid driver's license > 1 year
- Walk/stand for long periods of time
- Work outside in the elements
How to Apply
Rep. I.D. 2021-570471